The State Bank of India conducts the SBI Clerk Exam, every year for the posts of Junior Associate (Customer Support & Sales) in clerical cadre. This is one of the highly reputed exams of the country and is also one of the most competitive ones. The official notification of the SBI Clerk Exam – 2018 was released last week.
In this post, we bring to you all that you need to know about the SBI Clerk exam. Note that the SBI clerk 2017 was not conducted.
SBI Clerk Exam 2018 : Important Dates
Online Registration Begins : 20 January, 2018
Online Registration Ends : 10 February, 2018
Date of Preliminary Exam : 23, 24 & 30th June 2018
Date of Mains Exam : 5th August, 2018
SBI Clerk Exam 2018 : Vacancies
The following picture shows the details of state-wise vacancies announced this year for SBI Clerk 2018.
SBI Clerk Exam 2018 : Eligibility Criteria
- Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
- Age limit is 20 – 28 years. This is relaxed for various categories as per regulations
SBI Clerk Exam 2018 : Selection Process & Exam Pattern
There has been a slight change in SBI Clerk selection process this year. There will not be any sectional or overall cutoffs for the preliminary examination. The selection process is as follows:
Preliminary Exam –> Mains Exam –> Provisional Allotment
SBI Clerk Prelims : Exam Pattern
SBI Clerk Main : Exam Pattern
SBI Clerk Exam 2018 : Application Fee
SBI Clerk Exam 2018 : Previous Year’s Cutoffs
SBI Clerk Prelims Sectional Cutoffs
|Subject||Total Marks||Cut Off for General||Cut off for SC/ST/OBC|
SBI Clerk 2016 Mains Sectional Cutoffs
|Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||60||24||19|
SBI Clerk Mains 2016 Overall Cutoff Marks (Statewise)
|States||Cut off marks (out of 200)|
|Delhi & Haryana||118.25||76.25||120.50||138.00|
SBI Clerk Exam 2018 : Job Profile & Salary
A bank clerk is the first point of contact for any customer to address his inquiries and to provide guidance. As an SBI Clerk, you will have the following responsibilities:-
- Customer Interaction: Handling doubts and queries
- Verification and signing of documents, countersigning and clearing cheques and drafts
- Back-office work like ledger maintenance, balance tallying, data entry
*Note that the above list is not exhaustive or definitive and is meant to give you an idea of what the job would be like.
The pay-scale of an SBI Clerk is:
- The total starting emoluments of a Clerical Cadre employee payable at Metro like Mumbai will be around ` 23600/- per month inclusive of D.A. and other allowances at the current rate.
- Allowances may vary depending upon the place of posting.
- The perks are: – Provident Fund, Gratuity, Pension under New Pension Scheme (Defined Contribution Benefit Scheme), Medical, Leave fare and other facilities.
Hope this helps. All The Best!