Tata Consultancy Services ( TCS ), a subsidiary of the Tata Group, is the largest Indian IT company. It is a multinational IT, consulting and business services company and is headquartered in Mumbai. It is one of the most innovative companies in the world. A majority of final year graduates / new graduates / freshers aspire to work for TCS as it provides them with a great launchpad to build their careers on.
In this article we would be covering all important points regarding the TCS placements.
TCS Recruitment : Eligibility Criteria
- At least 60 % in 10th, 12th and graduation
- No backlogs at the time of the placement
- Gap in studies for upto 2 years is allowed with valid reasons
- Open to all branches of engineering
*Note that the criteria is subject to change and the given data is based on the last few placement drives.
TCS Recruitment : Selection Procedure
The company conducts recruitment both on campus and off campus to select new candidates. The selection process of the company consists of 3 rounds. These rounds are as follows:
- Written Exam
- Technical Interview + Managerial Interview
- HR Interview
Total time allotted to the written exam is 90 minutes. There is a negative marking of 0.33 in the paper.
- Written Ability section consists of a scenario with certain keywords / phrases which should be used in the body of the given email. The minimum word limit is approximately 70 words. There is no negative marking in this section.
- Aptitude section consists of questions based on data interpretation, graphs, blood relations, statement reasoning, etc. Also, there are questions from basic mathematics like time, speed & distance, algebra, arithmetic, probability, geometry, permutation & combination, etc.
Interview ( HR +Technical )
The candidates who clear the written test are required to appear for personal interview. More often than not the technical and HR interview is combined. Many questions are from C/C++/JAVA, DS, OS etc. Some of the questions asked in the interview are listed below
Non- technical questions
1. Introduce yourself.
2. What is your favorite subject and why?
3. Why do you want to work for us?
4. If company X offers you a better package than us, what would you do?
5. Would you be OK to work in shifts?
6. What have you done in your project?
1. What do you mean by 3NF in DBMS?
2. What is join in DBMS?
3. What is pass by value and pass by reference?
4. What is Operating System?
5. Difference between C++ and Java.
6. What is pointer?
7. They asked some tricky questions on pointer.
8. Also asked to write double linked list programs.
Some tips that can help you crack your placement test at TCS:
- Be thorough with your resume. Expect questions based on what you have mentioned.
- Be thorough with your project.
- Your favorite subject should be the one you’re most confident in.
- Have knowledge about the company.
- Be confident.
Hope this helps.
All the best!